Thursday, January 7, 2010

Windows 7 God Mode

I was doing some research for a web design project I was working on. The website was for a company that does Paintless Dent Removal in Montgomery County, PA. So it is odd I came across this info while doing research for that project. Anyways....

In Windows 7 you can easily create a shortcut on your 7 desktop to access a whole bunch of administrative tools and configuration options. Here are the steps:
1. Create a new folder on your desktop
2. Name the new folder: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
3. The icon will turn into a little picture
4. Open the folder and you are presented with your list of cool stuff

So try it out. here is the original post I found if you wnat a little more detail before proceeding.
Windows 7 God Mode

As a network admin, I find myself always going into the Control Panel, so this shortcut is a one click way to get to the stuff I need.

No comments: